LECKPATRICK, a parish, in the barony of STRABANE, county of TYRONE, and province of ULSTER; containing, with part of the post-town of Strabane, 6,030 inhabitants This parish, which is also called Leghpatrick, comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 13,451 statute acres, of which 10,087 are applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £5,806 per annum; and 104 are in the tideway of the Foyle. The soil is generally cold and wet, but part of the land is well cultivated and fertile. There are considerable tracts of mountain pasture and valuable bog. Here is an extensive bleach-green, not used at present; also two manufactories for spades and edged-tools. The Strabane canal passes through this parish from its lower lock on the Foyle to the quay of Strabane. The principal seats are Holy Hill the residence of J. Sinclair, Esq.; the glebe-house, of the Rev. G. Smithwick; and Mount Pleasant, of, F. O’Neill, Esq. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Derry, and in the gift of the Bishop; the tithes amount to £646. 3.1. There is a glebe-house, with a glebe of 148a. 3r. 12p., Cunningham measure, of which 112a. 1r. 32p. are cultivated land. The church, a plain edifice without tower or spire, was built by a loan of £600 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1816, and much enlarged in 1834. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Donagheady, and has chapels at Cloghcor and Glenmornan. A Presbyterian meeting-house is in course of erection at Artigarran [Artigarvan]. There is a parochial school, to which the Marquess of Abercorn, who is proprietor of nearly all the parish, subscribes £10, and the rector £5 annually; and three other public schools, to two of which the Marquess of Abercorn contributes £5 each: about 520 children are educated in these schools, and about 160 in five private schools; there are also five Sunday schools. Near the glebe-house is an ancient rocking-stone.