The extensive Abercorn Estate consisted of four manors in Co. Tyrone and another in Co. Donegal. Those in Tyrone were Donelong/Dunnalong, Cloghogle/Cloghogall, Strabane and Derrygoon/Derrywoon. The Donegal Estate contained the manor of Magavelin & Lismochery.
A huge collection of records relating to the management of this estate was presented to the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (PRONI) by the Abercorn family and is catalogued under reference D/623 and these have also been microfilmed by the LDS.
(See https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/452903 for a full description and film numbers)
Papers of the Hamilton family, Earls, Marquises and Dukes of Abercorn containing leases, deeds, accounts, maps, rentals, out letters, etc. relating to estates in Cos. Tyrone, Donegal and Londonderry, ca. 1610-1920. In addition to their Irish land holdings, they owned estates near Edinburgh, Scotland and in London, England. They were the highest ranking family which participated in the Plantation and are the only dukes in Ulster. Their main residence has been Baronscourt, County Tyrone, since the eighteenth century.
Manor of Cloghogle
|Greenlaw & Gribbin||Leckpatrick|
|Strabane Fields (Town Parks)||Leckpatrick & Camus|
|Strabane Town Parks||Leckpatrick|
Manor of Donelong
Manor of Derrygoon
|Roosky (1777 map indicates this was an area within Archill)||Ardstraw|
Manor of Strabane
|Drumeagle||Urney, Co Tyrone|
|Glentimon||Urney, Co Tyrone|
|Gortlocker (Gortlogher)||Urney, Co Tyrone|
|Liggartown||Urney, Co Tyrone|
|Magherygar (Magheragar)||Urney, Co Tyrone|
|Peacockbank||Urney, Co Tyrone|
|Sion Mill||Urney, Co Tyrone|
|Tullynadartans (Tullydoortans)||Urney, Co Tyrone|
|Tullywhisker||Urney, Co Tyrone|
|Strabane||Camus & Urney, Co. Tyrone|
The Churchlands of Ardstraw
The following townlands in Ardstraw parish were recorded in Abercorn rentals as the Churchlands of Ardstraw; they were not owned by the Abercorns, but leased from the Bishop of Derry.