Cos. Tyrone, Donegal, Londonderry & Fermanagh Ireland Genealogy Research

Official Website of the CoTyroneIreland.com Mailing List

Rathmullan Presbyterian Church Photographs, Killygarvan Parish, Rathmullan, Co. Donegal, Ireland

Derry and Donegal Presbytery
Submitted by
Robert McNaught
robertmcnaught1[at]gmail.com
Formatted by
Jim McKane, Ontario, Canada
jamckane[at]gmail.com

 

The first Presbyterian church in Rathmullan was erected in 1828 on a site latterly occupied by the Pier Hotel is now a green field site again as the aforementioned Hotel was destroyed by fire some years ago. Prior to this the Presbyterian people of the town and district worshipped for the most part in Kerrykeel. The first minister was Mr. Robert Anderson who was ordained in Rathmullan in 1830. The present church was opened for public worship in 1872.

 

 

Click the Number for another Photo  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  

 

Londonderry Standard August 3 1872
 

 

The trowel, mentioned in the article above, turned up some years ago in an antique shop in Belfast.
Someone who holidayed in Rathmullan, spotted it and purchased it and returned it to the Church.

 

Londonderry Journal October 16 1872