Official Website of the County Tyrone Mail List
The Glebelands of Donagheady Parish 1861


CoTyroneHeadstone_logo (5K)
Click banner to submit/search the Project!

The Glebelands of Donagheady Parish 1861

Transcribed by Len Swindley
len_swindley@hotmail.com



Extracted from The History of Donagheady Parish – Dundas (c1980)
The glebelands of Donagheady Parish were extensive prior to Disestablishment in 1869. They comprised some 1689 acres and were situated in the townlands of Creaghan, Tyboe and Glenagoorland. Most of the glebelands were let to tenant farmers with the rector farming 89 acres at Creaghan. In 1861 the lettings brought in 485.17.6 through a valuation made by Robert Henderson.


CREAGHAN:

John Hylands

George Ellis

Moses Taite

William Baird

Andrew Ferguson



TYBOE:

George Ellis

William Edgar

John & William McDonald

James Kennedy

Thomas Huston

Thomas Kennedy

John McKaine

Samuel Ruth

David Lyons



GLENAGOORLAND:

John McConnell

John & James McConnell

John Thompson

Joseph Crawford

Hugh Mullen

James Jamison

James Ruth

Andrew Dunne, senior (Upper)

Alexander Roddy

Thomas Dunne

William Dunne

James Dunne

Andrew Dunne, Junior

Andrew Dunne, senior, (Upper)

Schoolhouse & playground



Return to County Tyrone's Home Page