Official Website of the County Tyrone Mail List
Craignagapple Rentals: Leckpatrick Parish Rentals and Valuations 1777-1858


CoTyroneHeadstone_logo (5K)
Click banner to submit/search the Project!

Craignagapple Rentals: Leckpatrick Parish Rentals and Valuations 1777-1858

Transcribed and compiled by Len Swindley
len_swindley@hotmail.com


Craignagapple (the Rocky Hill of the Horses) is a 781-acre townland within Leckpatrick parish in north Co. Tyrone. Located in a remote mountainous area, Craignagapple belonged to the Manor of Cloghogall within the extensive Abercorn Estate. The Abercorn Papers form a very large collection in PRONI, Belfast, which includes title deeds, rentals, leases and correspondence relating to the Tyrone and Donegal estates, some commencing in the early seventeenth century. The following data has been extracted from LDS microfilms; researchers should consult the comprehensive Family History Library catalogue for a description of this microfilmed archive. Alternatively, the originals may be viewed at PRONI, 66 Balmoral Ave., Belfast.

SURVEY AND VALUATION OF THE MANOR OF CLOGHOGALL (ABERCORN ESTATE) 1777

CRAIGNAGUPPAL:
No tenants listed

RENTAL FOR THE MANOR OF CLOGHOGALL (ABERCORN ESTATE) 1787

CRAIGNAGUPPAL:
Lower:
Daniel Kerney
Neal McAward

Middle & Upper:
John McAward

TITHE APPLOTMENTS: LECKPATRICK PARISH 1827

CRAGNAGAPPUL:
John McWard
John & Daniel Ward

RENTAL FOR THE MANOR OF CLOGHOGALL (ABERCORN ESTATE) 1833 CRAIGNAGAPPEL:

Tenants as per Former Leases and Occupying Tenants:
John McAward
John Lafferty (John McAward)
& Widow Ward (Daniel McAward)

RENTAL FOR THE MANOR OF CLOGHOGALL (ABERCORN ESTATE) 1848

CRAIGNAGAPPAL:
The McAwards
John Larkin

GRIFFITHS VALUATION: LECKPATRICK PARISH 1858

CRAIGNAGAPPLE:
A List of Occupiers and Immediate Lessors:
John Larkin (Marquis of Abercorn)
Marquis of Abercorn (In Fee)



Return to County Tyrone's Home Page